Jeep Safari in LadakhJeep Safari is one of the best ways you can explore the rugged yet beautiful terrain of Ladakh. The naturally sensational terrain is offset with wild ravines, deep craggy passes and rocky land interspersed with white pristine sands. The land quality is uneven and snow makes it difficult to maneuver the way with a lighter vehicle The Ladakh Government recognizes the importance of providing tourists with a proper means of exploring Ladakh and this is why Jeep Safaris are organized.
Reasons to Go for a Jeep Safari in LadakhMost Monasteries and religious heritage sites are quite distantly placed on rugged terrain at high elevations. The sturdy Jeep will take you up a long way way and allow you the opportunities of exploring exotic monuments with minimum exertion and discomfort.
- It’s possible to enjoy the natural terrain to the fullest when you are traveling on a Jeep. Anytime you see a view too wonderful for words, stop the Jeep and take a click
- Hemis National Park in Ladakh allows only Jeeps to enter the premises as these vehicles are eco friendly and noise less. The Jeep Safari might confer you the opportunity of watching the Snow Leopard and Lynx in their natural terrain.
- A trip to Zanskar Valley with your Jeep will let you drive down to the quaint European eateries and experience the unique confluence of Tibetan Catholic Culture there.
- Jeep Safari will let you plan your tour to make full justice of your schedule and budget. Cover only those spots which interest you the most with the Jeep Safari.
- Jeep will offer you decent protection against harsh winds, snow fall which are a regular feature of the unpredictable weather in Ladakh.
Common Routes for Jeep SafariThe road route used for Ladakh Jeep Safari is panoramic. You will require some time to adjust yourself to the extreme high altitude but thereafter everything is picture perfect. There are awesome mountain passes of more than 18,000 feet altitude, long stretches of white beautiful sand without any vegetation and then amazing rock formations. If you drive down to Zanskar then the Apricot and Cherry orchards will stun you with their beauty. The Jeep Safari can cover the amazing river gorges of Beas, Bhaga, Chandra and Indus River. There are human habitation complexes near water bodies while the rest of the land is very sparsely populated.
Some suggested routes for Jeep Safari are:
- Goshani to Keylong to Jispa which will approximately take 9 hours
- Keylong to Sarchu over the famous Barlacha Pass which is at an altitude of 4830 meters
- Sarchu to Tso Moriri Lake is where you will encounter the incredible Lachungla Pass at an altitude of 5019 meters. There are chances of seeing exotic red ducks and bar geese along this roué
- Tso Moriri Lake to Tso Kar Lake where the Polo Kongka Pass is crossed amidst bunches of redshanks, black headed cranes, wild ass and marmots
- Tso Kar to Leh can be accomplished in 8 hours by Jeep and on the way you will encounter the reputed Tanglang Pass.
- Leh to Khardung La is a very famous Jeep Safari Route as it encompasses the world’s highest motorable road at 5360 meters
- Monastery Tour of Ladakh in 10 hours by Jeep which covers maximum famous monasteries like Alchi, Hemis and Lamyaru
Prices for Ladakh Jeep SafariThe Jeep Safari can be hired on hourly basis or distance basis. Cost of an 8 day Safari per person in 10000 INR per person. Group bookings will be more affordable. Ladakh tourism department has their Jeep rental service.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0